Amager Village just organised a biodiversity event at Taarnby bibliotek along with two great associations where each talked about how to save the wilds bees and to look after honey bees, we ended up the event teaching participants how to build a bee hotel (see bottom of the article for tutorials)
These key associations were:
- Wild Bier i Danmark You will find loads of information about the association and the work they do on their website to save wild bees
- Amager Bi (called Tarnby Bi before) (previoulsy called Taarnby Bi) – If you want to become a beekeeper, they organise theory and practical courses in Danish.
Many other associations/organisations helped us by providing sample of their products or information on their associations.
You can read about them below and start being the change one seed at a time 🙂
Www.bioproduction.dk Instead of using pesticides, Bioproduction provides beneficial organisms for the biological control of pests you find in your gardens, greenhouses etc facebook page: @bioproduction.dk
Www.wildlifegarden.info Website educating on birds and butterflies (pictures, sound and characteristics of birds and butterflies) but also selling decorative wildlife items. Click on their tab ‘Living Garden’ then ‘Bird school’ or ‘Butterfly school’ to learn about all the species we can protect by doing little changes in our gardens and balconies.
Tutorial for building hotels for wild bees
- Video tutorial by Dave Goulson – English
- LavEtHumlebihotel – Text – Danish
- Lavetbihotel – Text – in Danish
You can see more pictures of the event on the Facebook page. Biodiversity event by Amager Village